FAQ - Monster RPG 3
Do I Need to Play Them in Order?
All three of the games in the Monster RPG series are separate entities that can be played in any order.
Recording with FRAPS
Sound may record badly with FRAPS by default. To fix this, first find your computer's audio sampling rate. You can find it by right clicking the audio icon in the taskbar, clicking Playback Devices, right clicking the device audio is playing through and selecting properties. Somewhere in these tabs (it varies by audio hardware) you'll find a sampling rate such as 48000 or 44100 Hz.
Now open config.ini (where it is located is described above). If you don't have one, run the game and exit to create one. Find the line that says extra_args= and add +freq,<HZ> replacing <HZ> with the value you got from step 1. That is, a plus sign, the word freq, a comma then the sampling frequency. You can add more arguments (listed below) by separating them with commas.
Command Line Parameters
- +mute // no audio
- +freq // sampling rate is next argument e.g., 44100 or 192000
- +samples // next argument is samples per audio buffer e.g., 4096 (must be power of 2)
- +float-samples // use 32 bit floating point samples for audio (default is 16 bit integer)
- -vsync // default is on
- +fps // show FPS
- +log // enable console logging in release mode
Not on Mobile:
- +fullscreen // regardless of settings
- +scale // next argument is a number, e.g., 5 is 5x the base window size
- +width // next argument is window/fullscreen width
- +height // next argument is window/fullscreen height
- -custom-cursor // disable custom cursor
- +adapter // next argument is monitor number (starting at 0) for multi-monitor environments
- +opengl // the only option on other platforms. default on Windows is D3D.
- -directsound // the default, this will cause it to pick automatically
- +winmm // other available audio drivers...
- +wasapi // other available audio drivers...
- Trent Gamblin - Most things
- Eric Johnson - Testing (lead)
- Kristian Johnson - Testing
- ENDESGA - Original palette
- Craig Kroeger - Fonts
- Jacob Dawid - Battle music
- Rupert Cole - Extra music arrangement
- Words of Magic - French translation
- Ramón Méndez, Alba Calvo - Spanish translation