AshEdit is a map editor for topdown 2D games. It has been used for Monster RPG 2, Crystal Picnic, Monster RPG 3 and is now being used for Dog-O. It saves very simple binary map formats that are easy to load.
AshEdit has lots of tools and features for editing maps, including:
- Multiple map layers (and multiple tile sheets for some map formats)
- A pencil tool for drawing tiles that can draw tile groups and pick tiles with RMB
- A fill tool with several options (clear fill, non-contiguous, test visible layers, fill with tile groups)
- A clear tool for clearing tiles (can clear all layers)
- A solids tool that toggles the walkable flag of a tile
- A clone tool that clones from the tile sheet
- Tools for moving tiles to different layers
- Full-featured rectangular and magic wand selection (add, subtract, non-contiguous, test visible layers,) copy & paste
- Macro recording/playback
- Undo/redo for all operations
- Scaling from 1x to 10x
- Resizable map/sheet panels
- Screenshot saving
- Fast hardware accelerated drawing
- Loads and saves Monster RPG 2, Crystal Picnic, Monster RPG 3 and Wedge 2 maps
- And more...
The current version is 2.2. You can view the changes here.
- Windows XP+, macOS 10.10+ or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS+ 64 bit
- Hardware accelerated graphics (D3D9 on Windows, OpenGL on Mac/Ubuntu)